Re: DNS: Suggested ADNA Board Members

From: James Austin <jea§rainer-group.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 09:44:31 +1000
Michael Malone <mmalone&#167;creole.iinet.net.au>
Date: Tuesday, 3 March 1998 6:50

>I disagree with several of the ADNA's actions.  At two meetings, I have
motioned
>that non voting members (ie: registrars, including myself and Peter
Gerrand)
>should not be on the board, but this hasn't even appeared in the minutes.
>believe that the requirements to become a registry should be minimal, and
that
>implementing shared registries in .AU 2LD's should be a first priority,
before
>any new 2LD's are created.

Totally agree.

Has Mr Robert Elz given any indication he will allow .AU to be administered
by ADNA or for that matter anyone else?

With out an indication that Mr Elz will reliquish control to others ADNA is
just wasting its time as Mr Elz can veto any work completed by ADNA.

>But as another board member has pointed out to me, I will have more of an
effect
>on these policies by remaining with ADNA than by quitting, or standing on
the
>outside throwing darts.

If as you say above you are a Non Voting board member I see no problems with
you as a board member as you are there only to oversea policy etc.

I still wish to know if the current board members are going to be involved
in DNS registrar applications from an applicant stand point.

Regards,
James Austin

Rainer Group Pty. Ltd.                       Voice:     +61 (0)2 9894 1985
PO Box 863                                         Fax:     +61 (0)2 9894
1986
BAULKHAM HILLS NSW 2153           E-Mail:     jea&#167;rainer-group.com
AUSTRALIA                                     WWW:
http://www.rainer-group.com