Re: DNS: Answer to Vic Cinc's burning question

From: Ian McKellar <imckellar§harvestroad.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 12:05:01 +0800
On Mon, May 18, 1998 at 12:52:28PM +1000, Adam Todd wrote:
> >So Adam, how about you subscribe to the mailing list with your '&#167;aus'
> >email address instead of the other one, and put your money where your
> >mouth is and start using your own domains?
>
> I woudl happily do so, if the list servers supported the resource.
>
> Bit like asking Netscape to provide ACTICE X content on their home page :)
>
> Netscape still doesn't support ACTIVE X does it?

The reason Netscape doesn't support Active X is that it is crap and
undersupported.

I wonder why we all don't support .aus?

Ian

PS: I used to be a big proponent of the Alternate Name Server System idea, but
to be honest ALTDNS advocates really get on my nerves - Adam Todd is doing his
cause more harm than good.

--
Ian McKellar           imckellar&#167;harvestroad.com.au
Web Author / Programmer      Phone: +61 8 9389 6200

Tell me do you really know your brother man
Cause a heart speaks louder than a colour can
And why would you even shake a man's hand
If you're not going to help him stand
                            -- Ben Harper (Jah Work)

Attachment converted: Obnoxious:Untitled 20 (????/----) (0001FA63)