Re: [DNS] Give Austalian Business a go

From: Anthony Hill <ahill§connect.com.au>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:21:43 +1000
On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 05:49:35PM +1000, David_Wise&#167;fhp.com.au wrote:

| I agree that there needs to be restrictions in place to prevent people from registering domain names that would allow them to take advantage of someone else's pre-exisiting brands, trade marks or goodwill.   I would be interested to hear from anyone who disputes that.

Actually the registeries dont need to be concerned about this. There is already
legislation and precedents in place to protect trade-marks. They dont specifically
relate to the DNS, but register microsoft.net.au and you'll see why the registeries
dont need to get involved in this nasty little area.

Regards,

Anthony Hill