Re: [DNS] Code of Conduct

From: Don Cameron <donc§mudgeeab.com.au>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:11:39 +1100
Hello Ron and all,

Interest in participation = yes
Contribution to fund venue = yes

Venue options - I have access to a conference venue that could be used FOC
(depending on numbers - probably up to about 30 or so - a larger venue (up
to 300) would incur a cost though I'm sure the costs would be reasonable
considering the interest in these issues amongst rural businesses. The venue
is located in Mudgee Central NSW, though before everyone laughs at the
concept, we are actually quite central to the Eastern States (sorry to our
Western colleagues however the Alice is a little hot this time of year!) and
we are a frequent venue for conferences seeking input and attendance from
the Eastern States - we could also provide video-conferencing facilities if
desirable (256K), and/or a web simulcast and/or a 'live' E-Mail Q&A session
could be established to broaden audience participation (PS - Winery tours
not included, and drink our reds at your own risk!).

The venue may also be attractive to anyone wishing to understand and receive
input from the vast majority of NFP's who are far from being corporate
tyrants, and to hear and consider some of the Internet-related issues
impacting on (both small and large) rural businesses - I'm sure we could
coordinate input from representative groups.

This is simply one suggestion.

Rgds, Don Cameron