Re: [DNS] DNS List

From: Stephen Rothwell <sfr§canb.auug.org.au>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:12:47 +1100
Hi,

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:47:27 +0000 "Jon Lawrence" <jon&#167;jonlawrence.com> wrote:

> Agree, however I think it appropriate that any auDA
> provided/(moderated?) discussion list should be open to auDA members
> only.  As I stated initially I see no reason why members of the public
> shouldnt be able to read postings on a website without actually being
> able to post themselves (I'm thinking along the lines of the ICANN
> Registrars Constituency here).  This creates an additional incentive for
> people interested in DNS issues in .au to join the organisation.  That
> is a goal that is of potential benefit to all.

Except that this list predates auDA.  auDA just offered to host it when
it needed a place to go.  I have no problem with an auDA members only
mailing list, but it is not this one ...  There a probably a few non-
members already on this list (me included).
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr&#167;canb.auug.org.au