RE: [DNS] Where to find?

From: Phil Wright <newsstuff§network.au.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:38:42 +1000
Kim

I for one would suggest that providing snippets of information about the
auctions completed (but in a timely manner) would be expected by and very
helpful to more people than just myself.

As a registered bidder and having several clients who are registered
bidders - I would like to know on a regular basis (not at 45 day intervals)
the progress through the list and the highest bids of closed auctions.

I for one am disappointed that the auctions are being done in behind closed
doors and would have preferred that whilst the bidders be strictly
registered; that the general public be allowed to view and scrutinise the
processes.  It is good enough for physical real-estate but it seems not for
virtual real-estate in the hands of the auDA?

Personally, I believe that the auDA as the peak body of the industry in
Australia and an organisation that has an extremely low or non-existent
profile in the general community, should be more transparent by providing
timely information about these auctions and the results with the closing bid
etc.

Wouldn't it be a great opportunity for auDA to boost it's profile with the
general community during the process of the auction by say releasing the
information of the auctions completed - I suggest on at least a weekly
basis.

With the slow progress being made to date, surely auDA would then be
guaranteed publicity right through to the end of this year and probably into
the next.  Such a saturation campaign might just elevate public awareness of
the auDA??

Phil Wright

PS  I naturally assumed that without you previously stating otherwise, that
you were speaking in the capacity of your official role.  However my
comments remain official and I would like you to read them in your official
capacity and pass them on - thank you