Re: [DNS] Where to find?

From: Patrick Corliss <patrick§quad.net.au>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 01:14:39 +1000
On Fri, 17 May 2002 10:38:42 +1000, Phil Wright wrote:

> PS  I naturally assumed that without you previously stating otherwise, that
> you were speaking in the capacity of your official role.  However my
> comments remain official and I would like you to read them in your official
> capacity and pass them on - thank you

Hi Phil

I'm also an auDA Board member.  My understanding is that each Board member can
have his or her own personal opinion about any relevant issue but that it is
the Board, as a body, which makes the necessary decision or determination.

Of course, any Board member can express his or her disagreement, and this can
be recorded in the Board minutes, but they would still be bound by the Board's
decision.  Should that person find that they are unable to resolve their
personal disagreement, then they may resign.  This is standard practice in
law.

As you would expect, auDA Board members have often had a variety of opinions
but, in my experience, all are reasonable people and we have regularly reached
consensus after proper discussion.  One such consensus was that the CEO would
be the official spokesperson for auDA as a body.  This is in one of the
minutes.

Most Board members are subscribers to the DNS list and we all try to be
helpful to interested persons.  However, any view that we express will be our
own personal opinion.

If you want an official response, please do not hesitate to write directly to
the CEO, Mr Chris Disspain at ceo&#167;auda.org.au

Best regards
Patrick Corliss
I'm on the Board of auDA (the .au country code).  Please note that anything
I write is my own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the views
of any body with which I am associated.  Please also note IANAL (I Am Not
A Lawyer).