RE: [DNS] details supplied was: [DNS] Enetica problems, anyone?

From: Sean Finn <sean§teknol.com.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:05:53 +1000
I beleive it is on-topic.

It is an ongoing issue, constantly being brought up, and quite possibly THE
most on-topic issue that we have had on here in months that has required
continued input, and discussion.

The issue of an IT contractor being told to just 'do everything' I.T. is a
real scenario.

Perhaps the extra contact fields, E.G. the Tech Contact, and the Billing
contact, need to undergo some real use rather than the current scenario
where they are widely misunderstood in practise.

Im still formulating my opinion, I will suggest something more concrete
shortly, and only to this list for discussion and opinion, and if an
individual with authority or weight beleives it is a good idea, they can
pick up the ball and run with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how all of the contact fields can be
put to use equally. E.G. Give all fields some real weight and distinct
purpose, and public accessibility?

Anyway, i need to go off and research my opinion in my lunch break, but the
fact that there are still constant problems and complaints and excess
red-tape suggest that something can be done to refine the management of .au
on an individual domain basis, without breaking anything, but making it just
a little more fluid to use, time efficient, yet still as safe as the current
policies AuDA has put in place.

-Sean.