Re: [DNS] And per se and

From: Bennett Oprysa <bennett§enetica.com.au>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:57:14 +1100
Chris, have you ever written a line of code in your life? I very much
doubt it.

The registry had a bug, a very obscure bug, it took a little while to
identify, and a little while longer to get it fixed. It was not 20
hours, it was just over 3 business hours.

Specifically because it is a very important system, you cannot have
people doing bug fixes on the fly, and certain procedures have to be
followed.

The turnaround time is actually quite fast, you certainly would not get
anywhere near that sort of response from VeriSign, Neulevel, Afilias
etc, and I can guarantee you that their systems do still have similar bugs.

Bennett