Re: [DNS] asn.au Question

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:28:03 +0100
Quoting David Uzzell on Tuesday December 30, 2003:
| Ok I have a question!
|
| I have 1stpenshurst-scouts.asn.au which is currently partially flapping
| due to be dropped of ns1.telstra.net I have no idea WHY it is flapping
| other than some Overseas Nameservers are not resolving the name correctly!

What are they resolving it to? A different IP? An NXDOMAIN? When you say
flapping do you mean every second query works?

| The question is www.west.net.au don't have anything automated for
| ANYTHING including Password retrevial, I can't even get my password so I
| can transfer it to a registrar that has an online facility that will
| allow me to change my Nameservers of record!
|
| Anyone got any sugestions?

Whilst it is kind of annoying not to be able to DIY, they have always
had a fast turnaround time when I just email them my request.

kim