RE: [DNS] Brad Norrish's auDA

From: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve§skeeve.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 01:16:49 +1100
How amusing.

Brad has decided to threaten me with legal action unless I publish an
apology within 24 hours. He thinks that a post that I refer to his lack of
business ethics and morals was untruthful and damaging to his reputation.

I state now, my defence of my post.

Firstly under 'Fair Comment'

A) It was comment/opinion
B) The facts of your activities are widely documented (and thanks to Josh
and others, VERY detailed) and as such known by the participants in the
forum.
C) The communication was of public interest to the list. (Debatable, but was
of interest to me... Anyone else found my comment 'interesting' ;-)

For clarification.  It is in my OPINION, and having that opinion, I
COMMENTED on what I perceived to be your failings.

Next under 'Truth'

For something to be found defamatory, the law must presume it is false. My
OPINION, based on your business activities that are well documented, would
constitute a form of Truth.

In QLD, Tas, ACT and NSW, should you choose to prosecute there, it is also
required that the publication was for public benefit.  Considering the
context of the forum involved, I don't think that is an issue.

So.. Brad is it all clear for you?

More explanation?

I could give you more examples of my opinions regarding your misleading
business practices. But I really don't want to waste any more time on a fool
such as yourself.  Oh.. No.. Is that defamation? Oops, wrong again, it is
just my opinion, or is name calling to be considered defamation now.

Oh, and lastly... Since your replied to the offending post, there by
re-publishing it, it would suggest that you don't actually disagree with the
posting since you are happy to again pass it on to the people on the list
;-)

...Skeeve