Re: [DNS] Name History ...

From: Stephen Edgar <stephen§netweb.com.au>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 23:25:55 +1100
I have to agree with Kim here. If he does not have an Invoice or Acceptable Doumentation from Melbourne IT for the domain then I would be very sceptical. I tried to register netweb.com.au back in 95' and was unable to as I was not an Incoprated Company, I was only a Victorian Registered Buisness and I didn't habe an ACN. I have since taken over that domain and am still just a Victorian Registered Business but now I have an ABN number. I have had no problems in taking over my domain and did so within 7 days of the original owners expiry so I took it so to speak ASAP and I am in contact with the previous owner and we now have a business relationship. Unless documentation like those can be shown as proof of good faith then the decision would then rest apon your own moral and ethical judgement of the what you think the solution should be. Call it self-arbitration if you like as that is where in the long term this would end up in the Internet Names Tribunal and would work like a real court and evidence proven. So if you can do this person to person I see that as a much cheaper solution. But if no documentation or evidence can or will be shown you have every right to keep the domain in my opionion.

Regards,

Stephen