RE: [DNS] Why have a policy?

From: Bill <ansearchwatch§yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 05:20:44 +0100 (BST)
--- Larry Bloch <larry.bloch&#167;netregistry.com.au>
wrote:
>  names would be cheaper and overall a far more
> rational and market driven system would pertain.

I cannot understand all this "cheaper domains"
business. Currently anyone can register a .com.au for
as little as $50 /2 years - $25 per year. If you have
a legitimate use for it, after all .com.au are
supposed to be for commercial use, then what is the
problem. Having lower prices only encourages bulk
buying which will lead to more disputes.

> For example, I think you would find registrars keen
> have a DRP that was affordable - its in our
interests for
> disputes to be handled efficiently and cheaply.

How about that if a registrar if found to have
registered a domain without following policy then they
pay the auDRP fee which the complainant has had to
fork out.

Bill