[DNS] Cybersquatting and secondary market

From: Dirk Hunter <DirkH§stjohnqld.com.au>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 18:01:47 +1000
I think allowing of "reselling/transferring" of a domain name is
something worth looking at, subject to the new licensee fulfilling all
of the requirements of a new application (ACN / ABN / etc).

I definitely do not think that the restrictions on requirements for
registrations (whether it be Aust citizen/resident for .id.au,
commercial entity for .com.au, NFP for .org.au, etc) should not be
lifted. The current requirements are working well.

- What commercial entities that need a .com.au wouldn't already have an
ACN/ABN?
- Why would a non Australian Resident/Citizen need/want an .id.au?
- What use would a for-profit organization have for an .org.au?

"If it aint broke...."