[DNS] Domain dispute heats up

From: Larry Bloch <larry.bloch§netregistry.com.au>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 15:38:19 +1000
You get twice as much too.

Many businesses use more than one domain name for a variety of reasons...to
market different services to different sectors.

All that is by the by. The issue here is not how much money registrars make,
but what is a better system.

If it makes you more comfortable, I'd be happy for .com.au to be frozen, for
all the com.au names to be replicated at no cost to the registrant in .au
and for us to start again with all new registration in .au. IOW, no extra
money for registrars (god forbid we make a profit, pay our staff and feed
our children!)

It's simply a better structure. We are right at the very beginning of
something here. Our 600k names will be 6m before too long. Let's get it
right while the pain is minimal.

Larry