[DNS] Secondary Market

From: Charlie McCormack <charlie§mccormack.net.au>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:35:58 +1000
> Speculators find the extra effort cumbersome and cuts into their profits
> so it
> limits their activities.

Actually it doesn't, they are just passed onto the new owner.

It seems to be a consensus that selling the domain name can only be done
when selling the business, not true.

auDA does recognise that part of a business can be sold, meaning you can
sell off a product or service to another party.

As an ABN holder you can register many branches for free, this means you can
have more than one trading name under the same ABN.

So it cost $90-110 to register your main business name, and then nothing for
each other trading name you want.