[DNS] Lost Domain ...

From: Tony Owen <tony§seol.net.au>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 17:07:05 +0930
> Are you sure that the domain isn't just in redemption or being tasted?
> What is it and when did it expire? I understand why you didn't notice -
> have seen this before - but was it delegated to you or did you just have
> your own DNS settings for it? If it was delegated to you then they could
> argue that they weren't hosting it anyway and therefore don't cary any
> responsibility.

The domain has been picked up on the drop and registered by someone else (it
is a very very nice name)

I didnt notice it because I had not tried to load the website externally to
my own system (I am an ISP so I use my own dial ports externally), I use the
website when I teach design at Tafe for student resouces .. and only found
out what had happened when I tried to load the site from Tafe.

I would expect that registrars should be required to send renewal notices to
the registrant. I suppose I will have to check if it is part of their
responsibilty. In this case they did send them, but not to me.

I am only asking because I cant get past their level 1 support, and I dont
really want to lodge a formal complaint with AUDA without exhausting all
avenues first.

I personally believe they should find me a replacement name of the same
calibre.

Cheers Tony