[DNS] Australia registers more .au than .com domains

From: info&#167;enigmaticminds.com.au <(info§enigmaticminds.com.au)>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:24:25 +1000
To point things in a completely different direction, rather than moving
to the model of direct registration of .au domains, which in effect
closes the .au namespace to any further 2LDs, I think it makes far more
sense to open the .au namespace up even further by introducing more 2LDs.

For example, a model based on industry classification - i.e.
name.industry.au

For example:
- anz.bank.au
- abc.tv.au
- mmm.radio.au
- bigpond.isp.au
- telstra.tel.au / telstra.telco.au
- johns.plumbing.au

The greater the number of 2LDs and the more specific they are, the more
open the .au namespace is, the greater the room to grow and more
importantly, the fewer IP issues and domain conflicts. There is no
conflict between xyz.bank.au and xyz.plumbing.au but there is when both
want xyz.com.au

Andrew