[DNS] Telstra DNS redirection

From: Brett Fenton <brett.fenton§netregistry.com.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:39:34 +1100
Perhaps you can tell me why any DNS provider would out of hand see this as
something that is bad for an end user?

a) They are only doing it on failed lookups (different story if they were
pushing content on valid lookups, and I think they understand this as well)

b) If you want to see a 404, you can opt out of the system

c) It's only internal to their own network, you aren't forced to use it, if
you feel that its completely untenable, you can simply use an alternate ISP.

It's a completely different story to say when Verisign did it and there was no
alternative. They rightly copped a kick in the ass.