[DNS] DCITA review of .au

From: Larry Bloch <larry.bloch§netregistry.com.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:52:45 +1100
Stig, Kim,

As I recall, the submission had a number of contributors - myself and other
included. It was circulated to all members with the request to indicate any
items they disagree with. To my knowledge, every issue raised by members of
the Association was incorporated in the submission.

If you believe the DIA is not the peak body for Australian registrars, I
would be very happy to learn which body is as I'd like to join. In fact, it
is the peak body and the only such contender to my knowledge. It has
membership from an overwhelming majority of .au accredited registrars and
auDA's attempts to discredit it are foolhardy and unconstructive. If auDA is
to be taken at its word, then it should be supporting the DIA as a single,
clear voice for the industry.

The reality is that despite comments from auDA that it would welcome such a
body, it does not. Why? Perhaps because the DIA is somewhat critical of
auDA. The reality is that auDA does not want a single clear voice from
registrars, because as a result it may have to listen to our concerns.

Regards,

Larry